Our Chimney Sweeping Services
Power Sweeping System
Vacuum & Brush
Stove Servicing & Refurbishment
Pots, Cowls & Bird Cages Fitted
Cowls solve downdraught issues by stopping wind and rain entering the chimney. They also keep the flue clear of birds and other wildlife.
Birds Nest Removal & Guards Fitted
Do you have twigs or smoke coming down your chimney? If so, this could be a sign that you have a nest in there. I will fully clear your nest install, a cowl to prevent future infestation.
C02 Alarm Supply & Fitting
A chimney is said to be blocked when the chimney draw becomes obstructed. The common reasons for this are as follows:
- A build up of soot and creosote (tar), even in a small way, can interfere with the draft of the chimney because it will reduce the overall flue diameter
- External factors such as leaves, moss, bird nests and even dislodged bricks within the chimney can cause a partial blockage
- The draw and overall performance of your chimney could also be impaired due to poor installation
There are few tell-tale signs of a blocked chimney. You may smell smoke or a burning smell in the room affected but by then it could be too late. Annual inspection and cleaning is essential to ensure that your chimney doesn’t get blocked otherwise you run the real risk of:
- A chimney fire which could devastate your property
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Inhalation of carcinogenic fumes
Cleaning your chimney should be an annual event - it should be seen no differently to having your boiler serviced. Cleaning your chimney every year will prevent the build-up of deposits and minimise the risk of blockages which could all lead to the possibility of a chimney fire. By adopting a yearly cleaning service, you will benefit from an efficiently performing system whilst minimising costly repair work in the future. It is the most cost-effective service to prolong the life cycle of your chimney and fire.
- Traditional manual push and pull chimney sweeping method using bristle brushes is used as required. However, with advances in technology, the chimney sweep’s array of equipment has increased.
- We use the latest and most effective industry approved power sweeping methods to make sure your chimney is not only clean but also safe to use. Power sweeping brush heads consist of thick nylon strands. With power sweeping the brush head rotates at speed compared to the traditional manual push and pull method. The addition of flexible rods cleans directly through your stove/fire limiting the soot created making cleaning efficient.
- To protect your health, breathing in the fumes from gas or solid fuel fires can cause serious damage to your health and in the worst cases prove fatal.
- To avoid chimney fires, having your chimney swept on a regular basis will drastically reduce the chances of having a chimney fire.
- To avoid smoke damage, each time the fire is used, soot will accumulate inside the chimney, reducing the efficiency of the chimney
- Protect your health, avoid chimney fires & smoke damage
- Improve the overall efficiency of your fire
- Smoke draw testing is a reliable method to the test the integrity of your chimney system